Wake Forest School of Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
Next Application Due:
Next Interview Date:
Next Start Date:
Pre-doc, Post-doc, both, or either:
Trainees per year:
Full Health Benefits and PTO
The Department of Family and Community Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine offers a one-year Pre-Doctoral Behavioral Health Fellowship for Medical Family Therapy/Marriage and Family Therapy trainees. The Behavioral Health Fellow will operate under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Director and will join an interdisciplinary team of primary care and behavioral health providers.
The Behavioral Health Fellow will:
1. Provide integrated behavioral health care services to Wake Forest Baptist Health patients
2. Coordinate care with patients' primary care/specialty providers
3. Co-facilitate group medical visits and/or group therapy experiences for patients.
4. Assist in the teaching of first and second year family medicine residents' BH Rotation
5. Attend sign outs and rounds with the inpatient medical team.
6. May provide clinical supervision to a master’s level MFT intern.
· Currently enrolled in Medical Family Therapy or Marriage and Family Therapy doctoral program
· All Ph.D. prerequisite coursework completed by time of the internship start date
· Must have passed the national MFT exam
· Must hold a LMFT or LMFTA
· Licensable in North Carolina